Monday, December 5, 2016

Little Red Truck

So, my hubby has this awesome truck. I'm not a car gal, necessarily, but I can certainly appreciate a beautiful vehicle when I see one. Well, he has a '51 Chevy 5-window truck that has been beautifully refinished, and that thing is his pride and joy. (Other than me and the kids haha!) When HoneyBee Stamps came out with their Little Pickup set a few weeks ago, I absolutely had to have it. 
 
 
For this card, I've stamped the fabulously detailed truck with Versafine ink, then heat embossed with clear EP onto watercolor paper. I then used my Zig markers to color the truck. Easy peasy. I inked up the tree with a light green Zig marker, then filled in the rough spots with a wet paintbrush, adding in some shading with a darker green Zig marker and blending it with my wet paintbrush again. I die cut both pieces using Little Pickup's coordinating dies, then set them aside. I had a stitched oval cut from some glitter paper on my desk, so I used that as a grounding agent for my festive little truck. I added a die cut "merry" and stamped sentiment  from Wplus9's Hand Lettered Holiday to my sparkly oval. The card base was stamped with Concord and 9th's Stripe Builder set using Pure Poppy ink, then the stitches using Delicata Silver ink. 
 
Well, that's all for me today! I hope you have had a lovely weekend... we had a craft fair for my jewelry shop, and it didn't go the best. Need a better venue, I think. Try, try again! :) Going to get the Christmas tree up this week... it is utterly shocking to me that we don't have it up yet, but we will rectify that this week! 
 
Have a fantastic week, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment